|Advisory: https://github.com/advisories/GHSA-mv2r-q4g5-j8q5||Severity: high|
See the version list below for details.
dotnet add package Microsoft.Data.OData --version 5.4.0
NuGet\Install-Package Microsoft.Data.OData -Version 5.4.0
<PackageReference Include="Microsoft.Data.OData" Version="5.4.0" />
paket add Microsoft.Data.OData --version 5.4.0
#r "nuget: Microsoft.Data.OData, 5.4.0"
// Install Microsoft.Data.OData as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Microsoft.Data.OData&version=5.4.0 // Install Microsoft.Data.OData as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Microsoft.Data.OData&version=5.4.0
Classes to serialize, deserialize and validate OData payloads. Enables construction of OData producers and consumers.
Targets .NET 4.0 or Silverlight 4.0.
Localized for CHS, CHT, DEU, ESN, FRA, ITA, JPN, KOR and RUS.
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET Framework||net40 is compatible. net403 was computed. net45 was computed. net451 was computed. net452 was computed. net46 was computed. net461 was computed. net462 was computed. net463 was computed. net47 was computed. net471 was computed. net472 was computed. net48 was computed. net481 was computed.|
|Silverlight||sl4 is compatible. sl5 was computed.|
GitHub repositories (109)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Microsoft.Data.OData:
Store securely encrypted backups in the cloud!
Experience, Learn and Code the latest breakthrough innovations with Microsoft AI
Orchard is a free, open source, community-focused Content Management System built on the ASP.NET MVC platform.
The open source diagnostics platform for the web
SharePoint / Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices - Archived older solutions. Please see https://aka.ms/m365pnp for updated guidance
Client deserialization/serialization hooks
We have a number of investments planned in the “request pipeline” area. In 5.4.0 we have a very big set of hooks for reaching into and modifying data as it is being read from or written to the wire format. These hooks provide extensibility points that enable a number of different scenarios such as modifying wire types, property names, and more.
Instance annotations on atom payloads
As promised in the 5.3.0 release notes, we now support instance annotations on Atom payloads. Instance annotations are an extensibility feature in OData feeds that allow OData requests and responses to be marked up with annotations that target feeds, single entities (entries), properties, etc. We do still have some more work to do in this area, such as the ability to annotate properties.
Client consumption of instance annotations
Also in this release, we have added APIs to the client to enable the reading of instance annotations on the wire. These APIs make use of the new deserialization/serialization pipelines on the client (see above). This API surface includes the ability to indicate which instance annotations the client cares about via the Prefer header. This will streamline the responses from OData services that honor the odata.include-annotations preference.
Simplified transition between Atom and JSON formats
In this release we have bundled a few less-noticeable features that should simplify the transition between the Atom and (the new) JSON format. (See also the bug fixes below on type resolver fixes.)
In addition to the features above, we have included fixes for the following notable bugs:
- Fixes an issue where reading a collection of complex values would fail if the new JSON format was used and a type resolver was not provided
- Fixes an issue where ODataLib was not escaping literal values in IDs and edit links
- Fixes an issue where requesting the service document with application/json;odata=nometadata would fail
- Fixes an issue where using the new JSON format without a type resolver would create issues with derived types
- (Usability bug) Makes it easier to track the current item in ODataLib in many situations
- Fixes an issue where the LINQ provider on the client would produce $filter instead of a key expression for derived types with composite keys
- (Usability bug) Fixes an issue where the inability to set EntityState and ETag values forced people to detach and attach entities for some operations
- Fixes an issue where some headers required a case-sensitive match on the WCF DS client
- Fixes an issue where 304 responses were sending back more headers than appropriate per the HTTP spec
- Fixes an issue where a request for the new JSON format could result in an error that used the Atom format
- Fixes an issue where it was possible to write an annotation value that was invalid according to the term
- Fixes an issue where PATCH requests for OData v1/v2 payloads would return a 500 error rather than 405