Insights for your Apps
Install-Package Xamarin.Insights -Version 126.96.36.199
dotnet add package Xamarin.Insights --version 188.8.131.52
<PackageReference Include="Xamarin.Insights" Version="184.108.40.206" />
paket add Xamarin.Insights --version 220.127.116.11
#r "nuget: Xamarin.Insights, 18.104.22.168"
// Install Xamarin.Insights as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Xamarin.Insights&version=22.214.171.124 // Install Xamarin.Insights as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Xamarin.Insights&version=126.96.36.199
# Insights client release, 1.10.0
This release adds a few new automatically enabled features, fixes many bugs and improves performance.
* `ReportSeverity` has been made obsolete, it has been replaced with Insights.Severity with an additional severity level `Severity.Critical` - this is intended for you to be able to provide a higher severity to issues that you are sending through `Insights.Report()`. `Severity.Error` should still only be used if you are manually disabling insights unhandled exception handler in favour of your own.
* Insights will now by default send data on cellular as well as wifi signals. It is recommended to use `Insights.DisableDataTransmission` manually if you wish to disable data usage on cellular. The reason for this change was that disabling data transmission on cellular was a defensive method whilst we got enough data to understand how much bandwidth we would use - which as it turns out is a very small amount.
* Insights no longer caches Identity and DeviceInfo information - this means that there is a much healthier realtime representation of both those things in the Insights Dashboard at any given time.
* Insights protects its track event keywords, Insights sends or adds properties to track events occasionally with its own keywords, those keywords are now protected and removed from any client generated track events. If in doubt do not use a track property that starts with "X-"
* Gzip file writing is disabled on extreamly old android api levels - this may increase storage somewhat from a few kb to a few hundred kbs.
### New tracking information
* Insights will now capture and record the time it takes for your app to startup on Android and iOS - this may not be indicative of how long it takes your app to truely start up as you may have loading screens or such. The best way to think about the data is time from process start to Insights.Initalize();
* Insights will now capture network change events on Android and iOS - this should help diagnose networking problems being the cause of errors or slowness in your application.
* Insights now has the beginnings of UI tracking for iOS - if you use storyboarding Insights will now track some UI changes, such as views being changed. We hope to build on this and improve it in future versions, for now we are just including the base level of UI tracking and only support Storyboard based apps.
These new events and information will be integrated into the Insights Dashboard over the coming weeks.
## Stats for milestone 1.10.0
### Fixed Issues:
* #733: (Dashboard, Client, ) - Better information from desktop applications
* #1155: (Client) - Intellisense docs not showing up in Xamarin Studio
* #1169: (Client) - WebApi.QueueCommunication swallows exceptions
* #1283: (Client) - Automatic network events
* #1354: (iOS, Client, Android, ) - track time to start
* #1366: (Client) - Throw fewer Exceptions where possible
* #1375: (Client, iOS) - Automatic navigation events
* #1485: (Client) - Starting App with Insights.DisableDataTransmission = True Does Not Work
* #1489: (Client) - Remove caching from client for identity and deviceinfo
* #1603: (iOS, Client, ) - Test app doesn't send reported exceptions on iOS simulator when deployed from VS
* #1635: (Client) - Stop camelcasing properties
* #1645: (Client) - NRE in debug mode
* #1744: (Client, Android, ) - java io exception is still massive causing lockups
* #1793: (Client) - Protect track keywords
* #1860: (iOS, Client, ) - Emit internal exception when we get a null crashblob
* #1888: (Dashboard) - Fix docs around silverlight 8.1 support
* #1939: (Dashboard, Core, Client, ) - Capture and display NSLog
* #1972: (Client) - send data on cellular by default
* #1978: (iOS, Client, ) - L73:SubmitException() crashing app on iOS
* #1882: (iOS, Client, Android, ) - maybe disable gzip on file write
This package has no dependencies.
GitHub repositories (9)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Xamarin.Insights:
.NET MAUI is the .NET Multi-platform App UI, a framework for building native device applications spanning mobile, tablet, and desktop.
Xamarin.Forms Official Home
Samples that use Xamarin.Forms (http://xamarin.com/forms)
Snapchat, built with Xamarin.Forms and Azure.
Espera is a media player that plays your music, YouTube videos, SoundCloud songs and has a special "party mode".